> Expat Eddie, Expat Eddie
samantha
post Jan 30 2006, 08:42 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 58

Hi Everyone
We closed the Expat Eddie competition for now as it didn't seem very popular.
Would anyone like the competition opened again......all feedback is welcome wink.gif

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
richardao
post Mar 7 2006, 04:13 PM
Post #2

Group: Demo Users
Member No.: 3261

QUOTE(samantha @ Jan 30 2006, 08:42 AM)
Hi Everyone
We closed the Expat Eddie competition for now as it didn't seem very popular.
Would anyone like the competition opened again......all feedback is welcome  wink.gif

Hi Samantha, I miss Eddie and now that I can find him without your help Eddie is retireded. I never won even when I had a 9 in i chance. Hope your doing well,
I noticed you changed your "Too busy don't have time for kids to: Mother of an only child. You told me you had five, what happened.
Hi to you and your family
Sincerely,
Richard

+Quote Post
samantha
post Mar 7 2006, 04:30 PM
Post #3

Advanced Member

Richard.....
So sorry for not speaking to you in a long time...ahhhh, the MSN name change.
Well I am finally get our house back to me and the hubby (+1 child).
Only one left now, she will always be my baby even at the age of 16!
She changed my name on MSN, she thinks because all her siblings have left home she will be spoiled rotten. She often says "mum can I have this?" my reply is "no"
she then comes back with "but mum, I'm an only child now".........so what does one do. Spoil the last child rotten or remain firm?
Mum and daughter await you advice hehehe tongue.gif

--------------------

+Quote Post
richardao
post Mar 7 2006, 05:55 PM
Post #4

QUOTE(samantha @ Mar 7 2006, 04:30 PM)
Richard.....
So sorry for not speaking to you in a ling time...ahhhh, the MSN name change.
Well I am finally get our house back to me and the hubby (+1 child).
Only one left now, she will always be my baby even at the age of 16!
She changed my name on MSN, she thinks because all her siblings have left home she will be spoiled rotten. She often says "mum can I have this?" my reply is "no"
she then comes back with "but mum, I'm an only child now".........so what does one do. Spoil the last child rotten or remain firm?
Mum and daughter await you advice hehehe  tongue.gif

As her mom you can't spoil her unless, any of the following are true: She is living in a foreign country (If your daughter is not a citizen it's foreign---if you all had to live in Paris---you would have to spoil her). If a childs older brothers and/or sisters are no longer living at home, if she is the only child in the house. If you still can not spoil her (think about your own childhood...I bet you were spoiled.)
I am glad she made the change: "Mother of an only child". (Children are the greatest) Now that I think about it she is telling you something. without any brothers around she is looking to you. I am sure you are close, and that's great.
I spoiled my daughter, my graddaughters, my goddaughter and her little sister.
Used to take them shopping, girls and women have the shopping gene.
Look at Shopping as a visit to the doctor, but after shopping, you are well, no medicine.
Samantha shopping for a teenage girl is like eating or drinking; you have to do it every day. If you miss a shopping day you can always make it up on the weekends or mom and/or dad can purchase something for a lonely away from home only child.
Good news: this will make it easier on mom, dad and most of all their daughter.
Shop on line those days you can not get to the store. Most sites have a wish list.
Your mom and dad can check it from time to time and order for their daudhter.
Am I helpfull or am I super helpfull.
Good to talk to you.
Please print this and post around the house. .
Please give a copy to your daughter, Mothers sometimes forget.
Your little one may have good stuff to add.
Sincerely,
Richard
P.S. I believe it's the law throughout the world, all families with only one child at home shall spoil said child.
Hope this helps. (Their's more) rolleyes.gif
I will be gald to tell you and your daughter some of the things I did.

rolleyes.gif

+Quote Post
rainey
post Mar 8 2006, 10:56 AM
Post #5

Member No.: 5179

I tended to spoil my last daughter to leave home, her words were can I have
the answer was always eerm we'll see, now she is a mum and its still can I
so what to do ???? lol give in and say eerm tongue.gif

+Quote Post
richardao
post Mar 8 2006, 01:02 PM
Post #6

[quote=rainey,Mar 8 2006, 10:56 AM]
I tended to spoil my last daughter to leave home, her words were can I have
the answer was always eerm we'll see, now she is a mum and its still can I
so what to do ???? lol give in and say eerm tongue.gif

I never spoiled my daughter to leave home, to me my home would always belong to her..........but, I do believe that my granddaughter and goddaugher never took advantage and have always loved all that I did. One good thing from both girls
(one married & goddaughter in 3rd year of college) they knew they could always ask, and the the places we went were a blast. My granddaughter, when she was 17, asked if I would show her New York City, I did, also gave her her first time in Paris, even if only to change planes on the way to The Netherlands. Women regardless of age are great to spoil.......................................my answer is: yes.
Last, for Samantha and her youngest -spoiling for women works both ways: a mum can spoil a daughter and a daughter can spoil a mum.
Sincerely,
Richard

+Quote Post
nephilim
post Mar 8 2006, 08:04 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 2624

QUOTE(richardao @ Mar 7 2006, 05:55 PM)
As her mom you can't spoil her unless, any of the following are true: She is living in a foreign country (If your daughter is not a citizen it's foreign---if you all had to live in Paris---you would have to spoil her). If a childs older brothers and/or sisters are no longer living at home, if she is the only child in the house. If you still can not spoil her (think about your own childhood...I bet you were spoiled.)
I am glad she made the change: "Mother of an only child". (Children are the greatest)  Now that I think about it she is telling you something. without any brothers around she is looking to you. I am sure you are close, and that's great.
I spoiled my daughter, my graddaughters, my goddaughter and her little sister.
Used to take them shopping, girls and women have the shopping gene.
Look at Shopping as a visit to the doctor, but after shopping, you are well, no medicine.
Samantha shopping for a teenage girl is like eating or drinking; you have to do it every day. If you miss a shopping day you can always make it up on the weekends or mom and/or dad can purchase something for a lonely away from home only child.
Good news: this will make it easier on mom, dad and most of all their daughter.
Shop on line those days you can not get to the store. Most sites have a wish list.
Your mom and dad can check it from time to time and order for their daudhter.
Am I helpfull or am I super helpfull.
Good to talk to you.
Please print this and post around the house. .
Please give a copy to your daughter, Mothers sometimes forget.
Your little one may have good stuff to add.
Sincerely,
Richard
P.S. I believe it's the law throughout the world, all families with only one child at home shall spoil said child.
Hope this helps. (Their's more)  rolleyes.gif
I will be gald to tell you and your daughter some of the things I did.
  rolleyes.gif

Hi Richard!
Thanks so much for the reply to my mum. Was lovely to read. The factors mentioned where you said that a kid must be spoiled if they lived in a foreign country and if all their siblings have left home COMPLETELY apply to me. When mum read it she was so bummed!! tongue.gif
Thanks alot for the awesome advice, I'll print it out and stick it round the house like you said biggrin.gif
Bye for now,
Sarah

+Quote Post
richardao
post Mar 8 2006, 10:17 PM
Post #8

QUOTE(nephilim @ Mar 8 2006, 08:04 PM)
Hi Richard!
Thanks so much for the reply to my mum. Was lovely to read. The factors mentioned where you said that a kid must be spoiled if they lived in a foreign country and if all their siblings have left home COMPLETELY apply to me. When mum read it she was so bummed!!  tongue.gif
Thanks alot for the awesome advice, I'll print it out and stick it round the house like you said  biggrin.gif
Bye for now,
Sarah

Hi Sarah,
Thank you for writing, something you should know, I never meant to make your mum feel bad. Your mom and I have talked for several years via email and MSN Messenger. I have also spoken to your dad. I knew your one brother was starting University and you were the youngest and the last to be home. Your mom and I have told each other bits and pieces of our lives over the past several years.
Please tell your mom I am sorry.
What I said about my granddaughter and goddaughter is true.
Sarah I know your mom and dad miss all their children just as
you miss them.
The following is true Sarah: No one will ever love you more then your mom.
Please, please tell your mom I am sorry. I feel so bad.
I will add this, when my daughter was growing up she could always come and ask me anything.
If the answer was no, I always gave her the reason. A number of times the answer was no, but she had to wait for the reason. I always gave her the reason for a "no" as some as possible. Their was one request she had, at the time I and her mom told her no and gave the reason, which I wish, looking back, I had said yes.
Hi Samantha,
I am sorry, what I wrote was never intended to make you feel bad; it was
meant to enjoy, how many times does anyone come out in defense of a teenager.
I know when I was growing up no one took my side. I tried to make it different
for my children and family.
Sincerely,
Richard

+Quote Post
samantha
post Mar 9 2006, 03:56 AM
Post #9

Advanced Member

Hi Richard
Please don't feel awful, I think my daughter meant that I was feeling "bummed" in a nice sense ohmy.gif).
You just gave me confirmation that it is OK to spoil her every now and again.
I like you sometimes have to say no, but same as you I always give a reason (sometimes I say no for protection, (as teenages think I was born this age and know nothing hehe).
It is hard work bringing up all children and I think we really don't appreciate the good times till they are gone, this is when we sit and reflect. Having the boys leave home made me realise this is the last time I get to spend dome quality time with my daughter.
We are close, I would say that 90% of the times we are best friends and the other 10% I have to be mom. ( I yell "do your homework" "be in at a reasonable hour"
pick your clothes up" hehe).
Since only having one child left, our house is a happy contented home (maybe too much stress with too many children!).
I hope like you Richard that I too spend some time showing my children different
parts of the world biggrin.gif

Sxxxxx

--------------------

+Quote Post
richardao
post Mar 9 2006, 02:10 PM
Post #10

Thanks Samantha,
And thank you Sarah.
Have a great day.
Sincerely,
Richard

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 20th April 2014 - 04:12 PM