IPB

Welcome Guest ( Log In | Register )

Reply to this topicStart new topic
> Asking all Tasmanians for help., Looking for relatives in Tasmania.
Hannah
post Jan 13 2006, 12:33 PM
Post #1

Group: Demo Users
Member No.: 9166

Anyone in Tasmania that can help.I seem to have run out of options, I am looking for relatives of the late George Boyce , he came from a place called Moville, Co.Donegal.Eire around the 1900s. and there the story seems to end, there must be some of his family around somewhere they would be in there 60s. I have no information of any kind about them so this is just a shot in the dark that someone out there might just know of the family.
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post
heartyjim
post Apr 4 2006, 11:21 AM
Post #2

Member No.: 8549

hi hanna,it can be hard doing your family tree.i'm an englishman living in tasmania,if i can help you trace your history i will help where i can.what information do you seek in tasmania ?

+Quote Post
Hannah
post Apr 5 2006, 12:59 PM
Post #3

QUOTE(heartyjim @ Apr 4 2006, 11:21 AM)
hi hanna,it can be hard doing your family tree.i'm an englishman living in tasmania,if i can help you trace your history i will help where i can.what information do you seek in tasmania ?

Hi Jim my wife was actually doing the search for me.Doing a family search i found I had a uncle Georege Boyce who went to Tasmania in the early 1900s his name was George Boyce. he came from Moville Co. Donegal. Eire.date of birth 17/1/1890. I know he was married there with a family and he was in fruit farming around 1957 but there the story ends there is no one alive to give me anymore information, I have been searching for years but with not much to go on never got very far, if you think you can find anything please have a go for me. Regards Gerry Boyce.

+Quote Post
samantha
post Apr 5 2006, 01:05 PM
Post #4

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 58

Hi Gerry

I would like to offer some help. I will put a notice in my next newsletter for you asking for help. I intend sending out a short bulletin to members around the 18th April. Please let me know if you would like me to include your request for help.

Bye for now

Samantha

--------------------

+Quote Post
Hannah
post Apr 5 2006, 01:20 PM
Post #5

QUOTE(samantha @ Apr 5 2006, 01:05 PM)
Hi Gerry

I would like to offer some help. I will put a notice in my next newsletter for you asking for help. I intend sending out a short bulletin to members around the 18th April. Please let me know if you would like me to include your request for help.

Bye for now

Samantha

Hi Sam , Please include my request in your bulletin, who knows I might get a reply. Bye for now.

+Quote Post
brookesharley
post Feb 21 2008, 11:51 AM
Post #6

Member No.: 11814

QUOTE(Hannah @ Apr 5 2006, 01:20 PM) *
Hi Sam , Please include my request in your bulletin, who knows I might get a reply. Bye for now.

Hi my namea Anthony and i live in tasmania i keep listening ok

regards ant

+Quote Post
Paul
post Jul 8 2008, 11:00 PM
Post #7

Member No.: 3286

QUOTE(Hannah @ Jan 13 2006, 12:33 PM) *
Anyone in Tasmania that can help.I seem to have run out of options, I am looking for relatives of the late George Boyce , he came from a place called Moville, Co.Donegal.Eire around the 1900s. and there the story seems to end, there must be some of his family around somewhere they would be in there 60s. I have no information of any kind about them so this is just a shot in the dark that someone out there might just know of the family.

Greetings from Australia. I don't live in Tassie but I did until Nov 2007. Maybe you could seek help from the two major newspapers there. Just a short "letter to the editor" with your information might bring some joy. You can find the details on the net. The papers are "The Examiner" (North Tassie) and the "Hobart Mercury" (Southern Tassie) I have seen such requests in those papers.

Good luck ! Paul, in St Arnaud, Victoria.

+Quote Post

Reply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 22nd December 2014 - 04:07 AM