> Expats Reunite October Newsletter, Expats Reunite October Newsletter
samantha
post Oct 21 2008, 01:45 AM
Post #1

Advanced Member

Group: Admin
Member No.: 58

Welcome to your October Newsletter

We need to begin with an apology. For all of you who experienced a problem with ExpatsReunite site for about 10 days at the end of September we are genuinely sorry. For some reason a gremlin got into the site and proved just a little elusive, we did get him and he’s gone now but for all of you who took the trouble to write telling us about the issue, many thanks. I am sure you will find everything is fine now.

Lost Friends and Family
As you know one of the most regularly used features on our site is our message board designed to help you find people you have lost contact with. Each month we will publish extracts from messages left in this forum to try and help reunite lost family & friends. So don’t forget, if you have lost contact with anyone post a message
We haven’t had many new posts recently so do remember to post a message if you are looking for someone, we have had some quite remarkable success stories reuniting people who lost contact decades ago.
Gordon is trying to trace Jim Taylor who emigrated to New Zealand from Newcastle UK,in the 1970s.
Hannna is looking for Sandra Harris or Harrison who worked with me as a civilian at R.A.F.Stafford 1961-64
If anyone knows of Jim or Sandra do reply to the message in the forum or contact me at info@expatsreunite.com

Joke of the Month
So many members have a cracking sense of humour and post jokes in this section. Some jokes are classics and raise more than a chuckleJ Each month we select 1 joke and the person who posted the joke gets a chance to win millions in the Euro Lottery. So the winner this month is Hawkeye, once again, with his joke about “ The elderly couple” now that’s love! So Hawkeye if you send me your numbers, 5 between 1 and 50 and 2 numbers between 1 -9 we will enter them into the Euro Lottery for you.

New Feature
We have added a new section to our message boards entitled “Expat Guide to New Countries” and as you will see we have posted some advice in relation to anyone considering moving to a new country. We have tried to keep the information simple but relative to actual experiences we have encountered. It would be great if other members could post their experiences in relocating to a new country so we can have a comprehensive library of useful information.
One of the key principles of ExpatsReunite is to help others and this forum should offer valuable advice and tips for anyone thinking about a move.

Members Profiles
These pages are growing rapidly and it's nice to see how many people have updated their own profiles.
Uploading your images has now been made easier with our auto resizing tool. Hope to see more of you on those pages.
Happy Meeting/Dating/Finding!

Recipe Competition
We have been running this competition for a while and the time has now come to find a winner. There is $1000 prize for the person who gets the most votes for his/her recipe. We will announce the winner in December. At the moment the league looks like this;
Member Votes
John B 42
Shade 40
Mh76 36
Chichi 33
Ricardo 32
But there are many other members with votes in the 30s. Remember you can cast up to 5 votes for each recipe. So add your recipe, get your friends & family to vote and you could walk away with the $1000 prize.
We will update in following newsletters the current league positions.
Good luck.

This Months Riddle
What number comes next in this sequence?

2 5 9 19 37 ==?==

This months Quote :
“ I like your Christ, I do not like your Christians. Your Christians are so unlike your Christ”.
Mohandas Gandhi 1869-1948.

Thank you members for all your support, bye for now.

Samantha

--------------------
Go to the top of the page

+Quote Post

Fast ReplyReply to this topicStart new topic
1 User(s) are reading this topic (1 Guests and 0 Anonymous Users)
0 Members:

Lo-Fi Version Time is now: 23rd September 2014 - 06:20 PM